damoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to expand fast.

3 posters

Go down

How to expand fast. Empty How to expand fast.

Post  Powerphoenix Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 am

As you all can see a few of the players in our alliance have several houndred thousen points, including myself (currently over 500k points for me). I though id share a few good advise on how to get there. Ill list advice in the order i think is most important. And one more thing, most things only important as long as winter raids last.

1. Buy Gold. And if you want to get up to several houndred thousen points you have to buy lots of it. I have already used around 3500 gold to get to aound 500k points. So far i have used 2x99Euro.

2. Always keep produsing troops, building comes second. But if you do as i, you should have plenty resourses to keep building troops always and for building. Troops are the only way to get the resourses you need fast.

3. You need to have a target castle to raid thats close to you. In the beginning you can use an inactive castle with 0 points, but when you get thousends of troops you should have a raid target that has a big storage. The bigger the storeage the more troops you can send without "wasting" carrycapsity. A 0 point castle can max store 500 of each resourse, so when you send your troops you should devide them into many small raidparties. To get the max of a 0 point caste you can send 10 horses or 15 armored horses or 20 axemen or 30 infantery or 42 bowmen or 60 swordsmen as each of these numbers carry back a total of 500 of each resourse. The siegetroops and spies dont carry anything. But sending such small raidparties is very timeconsuming when you get tousends of troops, so get a bigger raidtarget. But there is a max size of the raidparty before you start loosing carrycapasity, example sending 2000 horses you dont get the max but maybe just the same as if you send 500 horses. I know that sending a raidparty 10 times bigger than the numbers i listed then you dont loose anything. But even sending raidparties 10 times bigger is very timeconsuming when you get to 50000 troops as i have, so i send 20 times bigger now as i can see i dont loose any wood, but only some ore and a littel stone i think.

4. Expand the Barracks and Stable as priority as you then can produse troops faster, and then get even more resourses. Also the Catapult construction should be expanded as troops for battle and defence will be important later. All other buildings only expand as needed. Soon you should get a lot more resources than you need for building troops.

5. When you got the spare resourses you should make more castles. But ALWAYS only send level 11 construction wagon. The reson for that is that you get 500 infantery, 500 swordsmen and 500 bowmen when you send a level 11 wagon. And as i said earlier, troops are the most important thing to getting more resourses. So even though level 11 wagons get very expencive when you get to your 5th and 6th castle and so on, its worth it as you get the resourses back fast when you can start raiding with those 1500 troops. Remamber it will take a very long time to make 1500 troops if you start with a low lvl wagon. By the time you have made those 1500 troops yourself, the 1500 troops you got for free will have made back the extra resourses you used on level 11 wagon many times over.

I hope these advise will help you folks to expand fast, as its good for the alliance Very Happy

Powerphoenix

Back to top Go down

How to expand fast. Empty THANKS!

Post  Stjernemix65 Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:50 pm

This is just so great that you took time to write this!

If there is more of this in your pokket, then BRING IT ON!!!!

Its a great help for us smal ones... okey, I have got a litle bigger now but far from you!

Stjernemix65

Back to top Go down

How to expand fast. Empty Growing quickly

Post  Rostoff Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:29 am

Raid Raid Raid.

I've not spend ONE DIME on the game. Everything I've done has been for free. and clicking the banner on the right of course.

Keep Raiding. Split your raids between castles equadistance apart. Calvary farther out and Foot soldiers closer in. Have them all get back at the same ten minute time span. Then repeat. You can be off the game for 2 hours or so, just check in when the troops are due.

Remember, the attack times posted are one way, you have to double it to know when your troops will get back.

I don't even bother raiding with anyone but the calvary and the Axemen. I found the others to slow and inefficient to work with.

I've been happy with my growth so far. 19k, 2 castles one month in.

Rostoff

Back to top Go down

How to expand fast. Empty Raiding

Post  Powerphoenix Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:03 am

Rostoff there is no reason to not send all your troops to the nearest raid spot. That way you make more resourses as the troops always uses the shortest time to travel. The horses are the fastest so they will get back to you a long time before the other troops, but then you can send the horses out right away. You dont need to wait till all the troops have returned before you send out the horses on the next raid. And there is no reson why you shouldnt use all your troops. Even if they are slow they still bring back resourses. But your choise ofcourse.

And this was a guide to grow quickly to several hundred thousend points, and its only 1 way to do that, and that is buy lots of gold. But you dont have to buy gold, you just dont grow as quickly. As an example if im to raise my stabel from lvl 41 to lvl 42 the construction time is around 250 days! So needless to say you have to use gold to build buildings when they get high lvl.

And you pointed out the diffrence when you said your at 19k points and 2 castles 1 month into game. Im 1 month into game too, and i have 750k points and 6 castles. So gold is the only way to grow quickly, but game is ofcourse fun without buying gold too.

Powerphoenix

Back to top Go down

How to expand fast. Empty I agree one hundred percent

Post  Rostoff Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Gold is the best way to grow. I think anyone NOT spending money on the game would be hard pressed to grow much faster than I have. (excluding presents, of course) I just wanted to give the alternative to my fellow cheapskates.

I'm curious. Don't you find the Swordsman and Infantry slow your raiding parties to the point where they are ineffiecient to use??? For as little as they carry, I think they are just two slow. For example, One castle I farm, Calvary take 24 minutes, Axeman 40 minutes and Infantry 1 hour 16 Minutes. This is one way. My Axemen can make the raid twice in the time it takes if the Infanry accompany them. I thought this was the more efficient way to go, but I'd value your opinion. You do have quite a bit more experience.

Rostoff

Back to top Go down

How to expand fast. Empty Raidparties

Post  Powerphoenix Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:25 am

Well i agree that they slow down your raidparty if you use all the diffrent types in same raidparty. Then the raidparty only travel as fast as the slowest unit. But when i raid i use only 1 type of troop in each raidparty. Now i send out 111 horses in each raidparty, 166 armord horses, 222 axemen, 333 infantery, 444 bowmen or 666 swordsmen. But i never mix diffrent types in same party. That way you get to use all your troops for raiding, and they get the max resourses back to you. You say you only send axemen, but i you send out let say the swordsmen in a separate raidpary the axemen will still return to you in same speed, just that eventually the swordsmen will also get back to you with resourses even though they are slow.

But this is only when winterraid lasts. When winterraid ends its important to only attack with a good mix of all kind of troops.

And as you said Gold is only way to grow fast. When i posted this tread 2-3 days ago i had 500k points, now i have almost 1,1 million points just 2-3 days after:)

Powerphoenix

Back to top Go down

How to expand fast. Empty Re: How to expand fast.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum